What the … Stress Relievers
Am applying the essential oil blend called peace and calming all over my body before hydrating with my regular body oil cause today is one of those days you just wanna say what the F….
Hello Motherhood, this is just a normal morning. Nothing world shattering, nothing to write home about and yet, why should it be swept under the rug only to appear later…and usually with underestimated disproportional fury. Not liking this myself, I started on a long venture of self improvement for ME. Putting myself top of my list was the first step into wellbeing.
After a morning of waking up the house, making tea, breakfast, coffee etc etc all things done with love one day that somehow became ‘normal’ the other day, you end up cleaning up the entire breakfast table cause you re the mum and work from home so you must have time to be the waitress and cleaner too, there is no hot water in the house so you end up washing old style in the sink with the help of the kettle (actually am super clean and saved liters of water so … might do this again, without kettle).
So “Peace and Calming” is more than welcome. Mum life can be stressful. No wait. Mum life is stressful and all Mums know this. So Peace and Calming is most welcome AND so are boundaries. Even the ones already laid out need to be put back on top of the family discussion list (TONIGHT) cause its all team work and sometimes it just doesn’t feel like it.
Calm is a superpower.
- Communicate in a way that you can be heard
- Share tasks to make it a team work (kids wont like it but it will empower them because responsibility empowers everyone right)
- Use moments of chores to meditate : yes, who has time to meditate under a tree in total silence and harmony in real life? so , use the moments alone whilst doing chores to meditate. Its magic!
- Scent evoke feelings which is why I am a bit user and believer in diffusing essential oils. My recent morning blend is Idaho Spruce (so fresh) with tangerine (a sweetness that feels warm).
- I use oils on my body always like jojoba. So why not add a scent or two. Today it was the peace and calming blend for obvious reasons. On other days my favourite would be grapefruit. Always has been. I love the fresh citrus scent. It comforts me.
- Reduce coffee intake. I start every day with a cup of black tea (and lemon oil), then I’ll have a cup of coffee. However, I tend to feel better when I replace coffee with matcha in the long run. I blend it with rice or soya milk, add some proteins from my VPP power sticks and voila. If I really need coffee, I’ll make matcha my third drink before grabbing a jug of water to put on my desk (cause im like a camel and forget to drink).
- When I am comfortable I feel good too. My uniform is a pair of jeans and a T-shirt in summer, or a jumper in Winter. Give me that and I’m in my element and I can face stressful situations better.
- Feeling grounded is key : it’s a whole. These things help me. They are part of my routine so I don’t even have to think of them anymore. I’m on auto when I do them. Whenever I need extra help I’ll ask a professional. I have a few amazing girlfriends to lean on but best is to reach out to a coach who knows about this shit. We go to specialists for everything so why not go to a specialist for your soul? PM me if you want recommendations for this.
For scents, I invite you to read the article on my most trust worthy essential oil company where you can become a member for free, test the oils and build your own network of scent lovers for beauty and wellbeing.
Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor. —Thích Nhất Hạnh
Stress Relievers : lifestyle guide to things that feel good for mind, body and soul by Abi, founder and content creator of Abi’s Journal. Conscious consumption, mindfulness, soulful living feel empowering. Follow on @abisjournal and subscribe to get the latest articles delivered to your inbox.