Dry Brushing for Beauty & Care
Have you ever tried to dry brush? I always thought it was some kind of self torture thing that scratches the skin, leaves red marks for hours and really, made no sense to me. Until recently, while I was reading up on techniques on how to get rid of cellulite (yes unfortunately), and dry brushing was high up the list. Another being grapefruit essential oil, my favourite scent I blend into body oils.
My morning rituals are sacred, more and more because practicing rituals keeps me from having to reinvent my self each day. I found a few things that help me mentally, spiritually and physically to set me up for the day. I usually start with a big glass of water, followed by meditation and journaling and I leave the bathroom after dry brushing.
People are feeling a pull to slow down more and more these days. I believe we can achieve this by simply taking ve, ten, twenty minutes each day to focus on our own self-care. This is a start and it will absolutely bring pause into our daily lives. Bec Jakstas
The organ that we are mainly stimulating through dry body brushing is the skin. Not only is it our largest organ, but it is the organ that we have most exposure to.
The skin works as a barrier to our organs but what happens is that many us have lymphatic stagnation. Lymphatic stagnation is the immune system part of our body, so we can also stimulate and detoxify through the skin the lymph, while we’re also providing benefits to the skin.
Dry brushing is the ultimate self care, providing more than you think it does:
- It exfoliates off dead skin
- It increases blood circulation
- It reduces cellulite (YES)
- Dry brushing cleans pores & makes skin glow
- Its an excellent lymphatic drainage system
- Increases energy, strengthens body and immune system
- And it improves digestion
So easy to use, for a few minutes each day, with quick results.
Make dry brushing part of your five minutes morning ritual.
Use firm small strokes upwards.
- Start sweeping the soles of your feet.
- Move to your legs, brushing towards your groin where the lymph notes are located.
- From your hands, move towards your armpits to release the toxins and stagnated energy in the lymph nodes moving.
- From the neck stroke down towards your heart.
- On your stomach, use circular clockwise strokes that help stimulate elimination.
- Don’t forget your ass. Stroke upwards towards your lower back.
Shop your dry brush at Stass&Co
Shop your Skin Care
Body oil infused with wild harvested violet leaves and vitamin rich oils. A valuable body detox oil.
Honey and Propolis balm – moisturize, soothe, nourish and heal, produced in small batches to ensure quality ingredients without reaching to unnecessary preservatives. Ridding Winter skin on soles, heels, elbows and buttocks.