When things pile up, it’s time to step away and breath.
Getting a grip on work-life balance can be hard. But even harder is letting things drift out of control. So, get a pencil and a paper and make your list.
Here are things that work for me:
- prepare your day ahead – a plan is better than no plan
- always have your stress relief with you – mine is an essential oil blend roller made of (peppermint, orange, grapefruit and rosemary for the day / lavender, frankincense and myrrh for the evenings)
- meditate & exercise – feels good and looks good (which also feels good). My favourite app for meditation is called ‘Insight Timer‘ and for fitness it’s ‘Asana Rebel‘
- chose your tribe wisely – if it’s in work or in private, who you spend time with has to be worth it. No sponging off your precious time!
- set your working hours – there is a time for everything, for yourself, your family, cooking, offline time, downtime book or movie… Loving my new book on the powers of crystals (Crystal Muse by Heather and Timmi)
- make your workspace work for you – create your nook where you can dive into work, spread your papers, listen to music while responding to your mails. What ever works for your, make it happen.
- Keep a to do list, and don’t procrastinate! Just do it, one by one, tick off your list later. It’ll feel better than staring at it.
- Give yourself enough sleep – sleep meaning quality sleep, no devices in your bedroom, get a nice bedding (check out the ethical bedding maker Floss Flakes – Nordic Sleep. I swear by the comfort and love the eco friendliness, no animal cruelty here)
Never get so busy making a living, that you forget to make a life.